We understand the issue. You want to display absolute URL including the
hostname and protocol in your templates. That's not difficult to do, you
just need to write a custom template tag to do this. There's many ways to
go about doing this -- however, if you're only running a single web-site on
this Django application, I recommend creating a a base URL configuration
option in your settings.py and using that for generating the full URL.

The case we're trying to make is -- why do that? Just like Raitucarp said,
using an absolute path provides the same end-result as including the
hostname and protocol. There's only a few cases where you'd want to do that
-- primarily when trying to create links that will be used externally (for
example, a "copy and paste link" or for email templates).

Also, you mention {% url ... %} does relative paths. It doesn't. It does
absolute. It just doesn't include the hostname and protocol. A relative
path would not begin with a leading "/".

Good luck!