Ah, I think that makes sense. Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier on but yes, I
am looking for instructors who are certified to teach a certain course. So
basically a user could sign up and select some or none of the types of
courses they are certified to teach this way other users who want to learn
can find them easily. As far as the difference between NRA and CCL, there
are several different types of NRA courses one could take however a
Concealed Carry course is dependent on which state your certified to teach
in. This is what was getting me all confused as I was trying to abstract
the type of course from the actual courses provided since there are a
number of organizations and individuals (not attached to an organization)
that can provide not only courses but services, such as a state certified
hunting guide (for instance in Alaska you need one to hunt large game).

I guess though from your example data structure I could put any type of
organization, state, etc into the IssuingAuthority and when it comes time
to create the profile forms I could just create a drop down list of all
issuing authorities for a person to choose from and then populate a select
box with all classes that belong to that issuing authority. I would like
for people to be able to multi-select and have fields auto-populate all on
one page at one time but I'll jump that hurdle when I get there I suppose.
Probably need to dive into Javascript/Ajax to make that work.

Thanks much for your help.