Hi everybody,
i'm currently working on my first django-application and stumbled upon a
design issue, which i cant quite decide how to handle and i thought i may
ask here, if there are any guidelines as to how to handle this :)
In my view i have, naturally, some code to process the request and return a
response. This code needs a get-parameter to operate within boundaries and
this parameter is always provided within the application (Its an
ajax-callback).
The question now is, what to do if the parameter is not provided somehow.
Should i catch the resulting KeyError (Or any unexpected exception in any
view for that matter) and just redirect to a safe page, log the error away
and display a warning to the user or should i just let the error pass (in
debug show the error info page, in production the 500-page), since it
shouldnt have happend within the application?
I'm currently tending towards the second option, because in production
there is the 500-page, so the user doesnt get to see ugly errors and with
an error-handling middleware i can log the exceptions and in debug its
easier to take care of the bug, but i like to hear some opinions from the
more experienced django-devs in here, cause i'm sure im missing some vital
point :D

Thanks&Grettings,
Andre