On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM, sadpluto <m...@sadpluto.com> wrote:
>  I have is whether transitioning to newer versions of Django
> is generally easy and well documented. I can only imagine that it is, but I
> haven't found convincing evidence while searching online. It would be great
> to see what's the consensus of experienced developers.

Generally it is, I still have stuff I did on the pre 1.0 versions and
still works with some minor adjustments on the newest 1.4 version.
While it usually is ok to upgrade django versions the best practice is
to test before deploying to production, some times what brokes is 3th
party apps so is better to have an environment similar to production
for testing before final deployment when upgrading versions.