На Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
croberts <camdenrobe...@gmail.com> написа:

> I am familiar with the use of Field.choices for text.
>
> However, I'd like the same option for images.  Is this possible?  I
> want users to select one image from a list of 3 and be able to save
> this.  They can later come back in and change it if they wish.  I
> know that in order to save this, it must be in Models.
>
> The idea:
>
> Each day, the has the option of selecting an image: happy face, sad
> face, smiley face of how they are feeling.  Their selection is
> saved.  They can go in later to change it if they wish.
>
> ImageField doesn't seem to do this.  It seems to only allow for
> uploaded images as opposed to a choice.

Use Choice field with image in the option. You do not need FIleField,
couse you don't operate with files at all. You just want to put an
image in a select.

There are several ways to achieve this:
background image (pure html+css)
http://binnyva.blogspot.com/2006/01/icons-for-select-menu-options-in.html