Hey spanky,

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but it sounds like you are trying
to 'import python'.

What you want to do is run python from your command line:

$ python

which then brings you to the interpreter which looks something like

Python 2.7.1 (r271:86832, Jul 31 2011, 19:30:53)
[GCC 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2335.15.00)] on
darwin

from there you want to type 'import django' so it should looks like

>>> import django

If it seems like nothing happened, then it worked. If you want to double
check you can run

>>> print django.get_version

 Hope this helps.