> The current URL, mediahelp/comphelp/mediaHelpPopup.html, didn't match any of
> these.
>
> The code from the comphelp url view is very basic and looks like this:
> def component_help(request):
>     view = "component_help"
>     dctnry = {}
>     reqGET = request.GET.copy()
>     if reqGET.has_key('fieldId'):
>         field_value = reqGET['fieldId']
>     else:
>         field_value = "NONE FOUND"
>     message = "This is a test message!...FIELD-ID="+field_value
>     dctnry['helpdata'] = message
>     return HttpResponse(message)

then why are you calling /mediahelp/comphelp/mediaHelpPopup.html?

what exactly do you think that html filename in the end does to your call?

And.. no, I could make a lot of questions trying to lead you slowly to
the answer, but what I really think is that you need to do the
tutorial again, and understand urlconfs, views and templates.
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial01/

I'll give you the short of it because I'm not your teacher: what you
actually want to do is call '/mediahelp/comphelp/' and from the view
you'll want to `return render_to_response('mediaHelpPopup.html',
dctnry)`

--
"The whole of Japan is pure invention. There is no such country, there
are no such people" --Oscar Wilde

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.