Hello all,

I'm trying to load the url of a model created with get_absolute_url()
programmatically in my view. There are basically three steps I need to
accomplish this:

1. make sure @permalink is working correctly. This step I am fairly
confident I have completed. Here is the model I use:
http://dpaste.org/nH0cZ/

2. make sure I am rendering the url correctly in my view:
http://dpaste.org/FOGjs/

This view is fairly involved. The return statement on line 12 is where I am
trying to load the url. In a nutshell, if the request is GET this view
renders a form for the user which they can use to fill some fields in a
model. one of the fields they fill ("name") I want to use as my the
rendered url, which is why I am trying to pass {'event': Event} on line 12
when request.method == 'POST' and the user has submitted the form. Right
now when the user submits the post, the event_page.hml loads but without
the event object url.

3. make sure my urlconfs are working:: http://dpaste.org/LPdfK/ Not
positive here, but I know this is fairly simple to most. I just tried to
follow what the docs had for get_absolute_url and @permalink (
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/models/instances/?from=olddocs#django.db.models.permalink)

Something is wrong though because the "view on website" button in admin is
leading to a permalinked url that doesn't match.

As you can see, I am quite a bit lost and could really use some guidance.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!