Hi all,

Im writing a financial web application with Django and postgresql.
This application needs a lot of database transactions.
The Django Transactions Documentation is a little bit unclear for me,
so i have a some questions.

1. Using the transaction middleware, when is BEGIN TRANSACTION called?
2. Is it possible to have more than one
django.db.transaction.commit_on_success functions in a view?
3. Whats the default isolation level? (using postgresql)
4. How can I change the transaction isolation level (READ COMMITTED /
SERIALIZABLE)?

Is the following possible?

---
from django.db import transaction

@transaction.commit_manually
def viewfunc(request):
    cursor = transaction.connection.cursor()
    cursor.execute("SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE")
    transaction.commit()
---

5. How handels djange a serialization error?
How can i catch the serialization error?

Thanks

Andreas