On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Larry Martell <larry.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've only been working with django for 6 months, and I'm not really
> clear on how the login process works.
>
> I have a client that has a login screen created by a template. It has
> a submit button with:
>
> <form id="login" action="/accounts/login/" method="POST">
>
> In their urls file they have:
>
> (r'^accounts/login/$', login)
>
> In their views file they call login(request)
>
> What they want is, after the user has successfully logged in, I need
> to detect which browser they are using, and depending on which it is,
> potentially pop up a dialog box. I can't figure out where that code
> would live. I'm not asking how to detect the browser type, but rather,
> where that javascript code would go, and how I would cause it to get
> invoked after the login.

Someone suggested getting the browser type on the server side, and
then adding a variable to my response and check it in the template. I
like this solution, however I cannot figure out how to add the
variable to the response. After the successful login, the code calls
HttpResponseRedirect. How can I can I add a variable to that?