Thank you mark for the great response.

Let me add on to the reason I started this thread for any who missed it.

I need to be able to have the capability to install geospatial libraries such
as GEOS, PROJ, PostGIS, and possibly GDAL.

On my current host i do not have root privleges and so if for example
webfactiom doesnt have support for those then I would look into other options.

I also dont want to rely on a premadr script from webfaction. Why? Well, i want
complete flexibility to install any sort of add on I need for my django
project. Thats where a VPS or cloud sever strikes me as being the right choice.

Thanks to everyone for their time!

JJ