On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Melvyn Sopacua <m.r.sopa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13-8-2012 14:23, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
>> On 13-8-2012 13:47, Satinderpal Singh wrote:
>>
>>> I got the following error while making the tables in database using
>>> syncdb command:
>>>
>>> AttributeError: 'DatabaseOperations' object has no attribute 'geo_db_type'
>>>
>>> I recently install GEOS library and import it to my model.py file. Any
>>> help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
>>
>> Instead of:
>> from django.db import models
>> use:
>> from django.contrib.gis.db import models
>
> Strike that, your actual problem is that your settings.py does not
> contain the correct gis enabled backend.
> Still, getting the tutorial to work is key. ;)

Thanks, Melvyn for your kind help. Yes, you are right, my settings.py
file does not contain the correct gis enabled backend. As i am working
on mysql database, so i include following line to the DATABASE engine,

'ENGINE': 'django.contrib.gis.db.backends.mysql',

And then the syncdb command successfully worked.

--
Satinderpal Singh
http://satindergoraya.blogspot.in/