well, for starters, you won't magically get "on keyup" behavior by
adding something on your backend, you'll need to use ajax for this,
and, depending on your expected number of elements, it might be better
to send everything and do any filtering on the client side (if you're
handling, say, up to a few thousands of records, and not up to tens of
thousands or more).

In any way, you'll need to give your view some parameter to do the
filtering. For this, I'd recommend passing a ?q=keywords GET argument
to your view, and with that in mind, I link you here:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/class-based-views/generic-display/#dynamic-filtering

Just do something like that, but instead of using self.args or
self.kwargs, use self.request.GET for the filtering

--
"The whole of Japan is pure invention. There is no such country, there are
no such people" --Oscar Wilde

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.