> right, I was being very brief in my description!
> But it is the following:
> I want to insert data into the database from the shell, django shell, but
> the result is always that you can not import the settings because the va
> riavel DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is not set

Did you read my previous email and checked the documentation at all?
It's all described there:

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/faq/usage/
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/ref/django-admin/

If you read this and *still* have a problem, come back and ask a
specific question with what you already tried (e.g. do you have a
database defined and created?) and what specific error(s) are you
experiencing.

  HTH

     Jirka