This line should be commented out: "Uncomment the next two lines to enable
the admin:"

Also, I don't see why it's trying to import 'polls.views.index'. That would
be a function named 'index' in your views.py file in the polls directory
(also known as a module). Not only does that 'index' method/function not
exist, I don't see anywhere in your urls.py that indicates you are trying
to load or otherwise reference that method.

So as Melvyn implied, are you sure this source code you presented is
exactly the same as you're trying to run? I think he assumed you were using
a WSGI Handler -- but runserver should pick up any changes that you make up
to the structure automatically.

Can you share the traceback that your web browser shows when you try to
access your Django application? Just make sure to hide any
private/sensetive data:
http://localhost:8000 after executing 'python manage.py runserver'