dont have all answers to your questions, but Django is powered by python which is more mature than Ruby and has more docs than ruby.....and sometimes something overly hyped may just be that...overly hyped....Django docs are comming out at speed also....

i would be interested in developers opinions and info who have solid experience on both django / r-o-rails

----- Original Message ----
From: Jeff Rodenburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: django-users@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:41:14 AM
Subject: Rails/Django comparison synopsis

I'm trying to get some education on rather quick order and was looking for feedback from the Django side of the equation.

I've seen a bit of comparison in public forums of Rails and Django.  I'm trying to eval these things from a higher level, or one might call "management" perspective.  (No, I'm not management; I just work for them.  ;-) )

On observation, the frameworks seem rather similar with subtle but key differences, i.e. interpretation of the MVC terminology and structure.  On a quick-read basis, Rails seems to have an advantage of a lot of documentation, more publicity (the Hanson kid sure knows how to work a crowd) and a nice IDE in RadRails.

My question: how would you (you = someone with solid Django background) characterize similarities and differences with Rails?

cheers,
jeff r.