On 16-8-2012 11:33, Mike Dewhirst wrote:

> https://github.com/mdewhirst/split-models
>
> Python 2.7 and Django 1.4
>
> One of mine was getting too big and too labour-intensive to debug after
> a manual split. This was due to accretion of cruft during my learning
> (which hasn't stopped). So I thought I'd write a script to handle it and
> my other apps as well.

Thanks for doing this! Here's a little code review:
Encoding:
- Starting django 1.5 python 3 compatibility is hitting django. If the
models.py has a __future__ line you may want to copy it verbatim,
especially the unicode_literals. You can only have one __future__ import
line so it's important to test for it and copy it.
- Perhaps do the same with editor modelines, like the one you have for
emacs. Vi(m)'s start with either vim: vi: or ex:.
- Same with db_table in the Meta class. if it's not set, don't create
one: it introduces a POLA violation, cause one expects upon renaming the
model to have a new database table.
- If you rewrite this as a django management command, you will have all
the option and argument parsing at your finger tips and can get rid of
some of the hard-coded variables and don't need the project variable
anymore.
- I'm kind of missing the ability to "tell which models go in to which
file".

If you don't intend to work on this anymore, then by all means,
disregard. I was contemplating to make this, but it's on a low priority
so for the time being this will do the trick.

--
Melvyn Sopacua