Hi,

richard wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to move a functioning development django project developed
> on an Os x box (django svn up to date, python 2.4.3) to an 'exposed'
> AIX 5.3 server and am falling at an early unanticipated hurdle with
> core dumps from django!
> On the AIX box I have ActivePython 2.4 and have tried the 0.95 and
> latest django distibutions. In both cases with just a 'startproject'
> bare bones site and using the django development server I can get the
> home page of /admin, but if I click on User or Groups it core dumps.
> The documentation link works ok, and from a python shell I can access
> the database ok.
> How do I go about diagnosing the problem? The only resource seems to be
> the core dump which is massive!

Python shouldn't produce a core dump even with faulty programs,
as long as no C extension is involved. Therefore, I'd suspect
either the python interpreter itself or any C extension modules.
Especially the database driver.

Python comes with a test suite. Try it. Try the Django test suite
with different database drivers. Perhaps even post your problem
to a python list or look for any AIX community. At least latter
should be able to tell you how to analyse AIX core dumps.

Michael