The example shows only field-specific errors...

==========
{% if form.has_errors %}
<h2>Please correct the following error{{ form.error_dict|pluralize
}}:</h2>
{% endif %}
{% if form.name.errors %}*** {{ form.name.errors|join:", " }}{% endif
%}
==========

As I understand it, this block is only determining if there are errors
on the page and if there are one or many. Then it progresses into
per-field errors.

I'm looking more for:
==========
{% if form.has_errors %}
<h2>Please correct the following error{{ form.error_dict|pluralize
}}:</h2>
{% if form.generic.errors %}*** {{ form.generic.errors|join:", " }}{%
endif %}
{% endif %}

I could do this by defining a 'generic' field and manually assigning
errors to it, but that seems like a kludge.

Thanks for your feedback so far,
--Ben