So basically I have a Project object which has a bunch of Items like
so:

class Project(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=60)
    datetime = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True)
    def __unicode__(self):
        return unicode(self.datetime)

class Item(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=60)
    created = models.ForeignKey(Project)

When I look at the Project the date appears correctly in TZ format.
On the item list screen however the datetime is not formated and seems
to be in utc format like so:
2012-09-03 00:28:21.664176+00:00
so it appears it is not adjusting to display the field in the users
timezone.

Any ideas how to get around this?