On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:18 PM, mjh <martin.james.harri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes it is being passed to the template as I can access the label, choices,
> help_text, required items of the boundfield object...
>
> i.e., {{ issue.label }} {{ issue.choices }} {{ issue.help_text }}
>
> I can get everything it seems apart from the form object !!!
>
> {{ issue }} writes to the template: <django.forms.fields.ChoiceField object
> at 0x40d03d0>

You want that fields forms.BoundField, not the forms.Field object you
currently have. A BoundField is bound with the specific data in the
form, especially if the form was submitted, and has things like error
messages and a proper label field associated with them (you are
outputting the raw label text currently).

Change form.issues to be a list of the ids of the fields you require,
rather than the forms.Field object and then use an attribute fetcher
template tag in the template to retrieve the bound field from the
form.

Eg using this dict_get template tag:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.django.user/106119

and storing the ids of the issues in form.issue_list

                {% for issue_id in form.issue_list %}
                 {% with form|dict_get:issue_id as issue %}
                        {{ issue.errors }}
                        {{ issue.label_tag }}: {{ issue }}
                {% endwith %}
                {% endfor %}