I'm not much of an architect and am pretty new to Django, so I was hoping I
could get some advice. Currently our site is html/jQuery and all the data
is accessed through Javascript calls to rest services.
Data -> Rest Services -> HTML/jQuery

I was planning on putting a Django layer between the client and the rest
services.
Data -> Rest Services -> Django -> HTML/jQuery

I'd use jQuery to send post requests to Django urls(routed to views).  The
views would then call the rest layer to retrieve the data, and pass the
response to the front end.

Does anyone see a problem with this approach?  Is there anything I should
be aware of?  Are there other sites that took a similar approach?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jeff