I see it now. private_datails is not a dictionary. It's a list of
dictionaries where each dict has one key-value pair. How about this:

private_ids = [x.values()[0] for x in private_details]
if folder.id in private_ids

or if you want it one line:  if folder.id in [x.values()[0] for x in
private_details]

- Craig