> You've posted five time on StackOverflow and four times on this thread
> and haven't provided that rather basic piece of information.

Hey Ramiro, thanks for the reply... yes you are correct I haven't mentioned
the version of Django I have installed.  I've experienced this on both
1.4.1 and 1.5dev.  I think I mentioned in the comments on SO that I've
installed and uninstalled requirements several times using the same
requirements.txt so its happening on the same version number.

Newer versions of Djagno WILL eventually require quotes, and using the
> 'load url from future' line allows you to get a head start on it.

Thanks Aaron, good to know.   I think for now I will just use the
workaround of removing the quotes and renaming some urls that fail, but I
suppose the purpose of posting here was to work out if I should submit a
bug report...

Thanks to everybody for your replies and help!

Will