I'm assuming you are using the forms.ModelForm for your model? Say
LicenceForm?

class LicenseForm(forms.ModelForm):
    class Meta:
        model = License

According to the doc you have to pass all relevant QueryDicts to the form
__init__
when you are creating a bound instance. In a nutshell make sure your doing:

# The view function
def handle_upload(request):
    # Get request logic ...
    if request.method == "POST":
        form = LicenceForm(request.POST, request.FILES)
        if form.is_valid():
           #save input data
           form.save()
           #continue with other stuff