Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some input on how other people deal with complicated
permission situations. I have banged my head against these concepts I think
I need some fresh eyes.

- User accounts can create and manage their own content.
- Users that are part of the same company can view the content created by
Users at the company; however, they can only edit if given permission.
- Users from different companies can share their content as either read or
read/write with Users at other companies.

Things I have thought about are:

- Of course using object level permissions
- Maybe using many-to-many to assign all of the different layers groupings
a record would fall under.
- How to allow sharing of content outside the company - should they be able
to send an invite based on e-mail to share the content? as a lookup of
everyone in the system wouldn't be appropriate.
- How to control the read vs. write views

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. I have struggled to wrap my
head around the "right" way for a long time.

JD