Hi,

our web development agency uses Django basically for all stuff we are
doing. We love it, we love Django community and open-source. We even have
some open-sourced apps.

We also have some apps, which can't be open-sourced now for some reason,
but we're interested in selling them. We know that there are some other
agencies that have such apps.

What I want to discuss is a "Django Marketplace" thing, like WordPress
Marketplace or Magento Connect. A place, where developers will be able to
sell apps to other developers or complete projects to end-users.

About a year ago, Jacob-Kaplan Moss wrote a post on this topic in his blog:
http://jacobian.org/writing/paid-django-apps/ . It has some negative and
some positive comments about selling Django apps.

I want to ask you again, what you think about such service? Would you buy
or sell apps (or paid support) out there and why?

--
Slava Kravchenko