On 15/09/2012 2:56am, refreegrata wrote:
Hello list.

Obviously, I come here with a question. I have a web application
developed with Django. It's working Ok. The app is just for internal use
and the access to every view is only avaliable for authenticated users
with permissions over the section (except for the view  log-in)

Now other app written over other framework, running over his own web
server and port (node.js)  (but related with the django app)must to
access at the same database to return certain information but it must to
check if the user is authenticated. Here is my doubt, because Django
manage the authentification ¿How can I check this in django and advise
to the node.js app? Are any token in the database to check when an user
is authenticated?

Not quite. I think your other app needs to discover it via the Django authentication API ...

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4//topics/auth/#api-reference

If your other app has authentication methods you might be able to match hashing algorithms between it and Django and it can do its own authentication directly without needing Django.

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4//topics/auth/#how-django-stores-passwords

How can I extract the user information from the
request/session,

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/ref/request-response/#django.http.HttpRequest.user

delegate this to a function in django-python and get
this information in the node.js? Maybe I must to build some web service
in Django or program the token saving?

I'm a little lost. Sorry for this. Any idea?

Bye