This isn't that rare - it is a common UX requirement.

Set the value to something that cannot hash to any input. Depending on your
setup, '0' could work, or any other nonsense value. If you have a strict DB
schema, IIRC, there are some magic values that SHA will never generate, but I'd
have to look that up. Why not have a "this account cannot log in" flag?

-j

--
Sent from a phone, please excuse any terseness.