Hi!

One question about the topic above.
I'm just wandering what's going on in the admin panel when creating an
instance of a ForeignKey in a special case.

I've got two models. One regular one with the regular fields (like name,
date etc.) an one who holds the ForeignKey to that class.
the regular one inherits a save method (in this one a "get_slug" method is
called to generate a slug) and overrides that "get_slug" method in order to
create a slug the way I want.

If I create an instance via terminal and fill the fields and type
"object.save()" and look at the slug "object.slug" the slug gets created
with the overriden "get_slug" method.
Also when creating the instance directly in the admin panel that works too.

But if I want to create an instance of the class which holds the
foreinkey-field to that described class and want to create an instance of
the above inside this process (by hitting that little green + sign in the
admin panel)  the slug gets created wrong (I assume that the save button
there does not call the save method of that class but from the parent
class?)
Am I missing something? Could someone elaborate?
Thanks