Hello,

I am having trouble getting started using Django 1.4.1 on my Windows 7
machine.  Everything appears to be installed (I'm running Python 2.7 and
have been programming in Python for over 10 years; I figure it's time to
see what all the fuss is over "the web" :-).

Reading through the tutorial on the Django page (the "polls" project), I
start a new project using "django-admin.py startproject mysite".  It
creates a new directory -- as promised -- but I'm in trouble, already!  My
directory structure does not match the tutorial.  I expect:

mysite/manage.py
mysite/mysite/__init__.py
mysite/mysite/manage.py
mysite/mysite/settings.py
mysite/mysite/urls.py
mysite/mysite/wgsi.py

and I get all of those.  But, I also get

mysite/__init__.py
mysite/setings.py
mysite/urls.py

giving me __init__.py, settings.py, and urls.py in both the "outter" and
"inner" directories.  I'm I in the wrong tutorial?  The initital web server
runs and I can edi the models.py file, but when I attempt the "python
manage.py sql polls" command the settings file die snot know about "polls"
(I added it to the applications).

I'm eager to learn Django; can someone please give me a kick in the proper
direction?

--greg