The reason why you are seeing this behaviour is because apache caches the
compiled python scripts. As apache has multiple threads, some still carry
old information, and some new. As HTTP is stateless, this is why you get
inconsistent behaviour. The situation is resolved by either reloading
apache or by using the testing server. The behaviour you describe cannot be
a result of SVN, as SVN is not affected upon refresh.

jb