Django has an excellent support for internationalization, any English
expression within Models, Forms, View or template can easily be marked for
translation. However I came across an interesting situation I don't know
how to deal with.

I have a Gender lookup (Male, Female). Now even if I translated the site
into German, the Gender dropdown is still pointing to the values saved in
database, which happens to be in English. So How am I supposed to mark the
values in the database to be translated in PO files?

class Gender(models.Model):
    gender       = models.CharField(_(u'Sex'), max_length=10)
    def __unicode__(self):
        return self.gender
    class Meta:
        verbose_name = _(u'Sex')