On Friday, October 5, 2012 7:47:01 AM UTC+2, Luke Hovington wrote:

> After lots of talk on I'm going to start using Django a project turned up
> that allowed me to start learning how this all works.
>
> So far I have managed (Via tutorials) to get everything setup and running
> nicely,
> I have also installed admin_tools which brings me to my question.
>
> Is there any plugin/package that would give me a admin_tool type look for
> all my users for free?
>
> Things I'm after are..
> * Dashboard Widgets all over the page
> * Ability to remove, add and reorganise 'Widgets'
> * Settings saved for each user
>
> I will in the future need to limit the data shown in the widgets or remove
> others depending on user permissions, but that could be another days issue.
>
> So before I start looking into how admin_tools does it's awesome stuff
> and repurposing it, I though I would ask those who have been working with
> it for while.
> Any suggestions?

Are you looking for a Django Nuke <http://phpnuke.org> or PostNuke or
similar application ?

I don't think it exists, but I'd be happy to be part of any team involving
building such a thing.

That said Django-CMS and mezzanine provide a widget infrastructure it's
just not presented like that.

Cheers,

Amirouche