On Thu, Oct 4, 2012, Daniele Procida <dani...@vurt.org> wrote:

>I have started writing my first tests, for a project that has become
>pretty large (several thousand lines of source code).

>I'd appreciate any advice.

Many thanks for the advice and suggestions.

This is what I have produced so far:
<https://github.com/evildmp/Arkestra/blob/develop/contacts_and_people/tests.py>

At the moment, all the tests (they are testing methods on a particular set of
models) are in a single class and even a single test function. I want to break
them up, to make them more manageable.

What would be a good way to do that? I will need the objects I set up available
in lots of different test functions, and probably different test classes too.

For example, I would like to write some tests for views, and to test based on
the objects I have created so far.

Daniele