Hello,

I am currently trying to upgrade a site from 1.2.x to 1.4.1. When I try to
start the app, I get this:

Validating models...
Unhandled exception in thread started by <__main__.NewThreadStartup
instance at 0x03D13738>

Since the output is very economical about info, I spent some time to track
down the origins.
I found this in loading.py,  AppCache._populate():

            for app_name in settings.INSTALLED_APPS:
                if app_name in self.handled:
                    continue
                self.load_app(app_name, True)    <---- CRASH

The app it tries to load, is a local one (made by a co-developer some time
ago).

Shouldn't there be better error handling in cases like this, at least
showing what happened, and where ?
There is no exception handling what so ever..

-- Oyvind