On Sep 14, 2006, at 8:01 PM, spacedman wrote:

> I'd be tempted to say to do your development on the platform that most
> closely matches your deployment platform. We're using Apache and
> mod_python on our own Linux web server here, so that's the best thing
> for development for us.

My opinion is that doesn't matter. We are going with the most
convenience/comfortable route.
IMHO the built-in web server is perfect for development usage,
autoloading, easy message output on console, etc.
Apache + mod_python is only one way out of many Django deployment
methods. In our experience, lighttpd + scgi is much better than that.
Again, pick what is the most comfortable one is always our guideline.

-Cheng Zhang
http://www.ifaxian.com
1st Django powered site in Chinese ;-)
http://www.aiyo.cn