I need to paginate a list of images that is getting bigger and bigger and
is loading slowly. I tried the simple django-pagination module but even the
first page takes as long as the whole list to load. I was wondering where
to look but then thought maybe this pagination app only takes the whole
list and then show it page by page. And initially loading the whole list
before paginating it would be as slow as not paginating it.
Should I create a special view that paginates with django.core.paginator
and only returns the results for the current page? Or is it inherent to the
very concept of paginating to load all the objects before doing anything
and thus getting slower as the number of objects get bigger?
Thanks for your help!
Bastian