Looking further at Postgresql, what's interesting.  Is it creates an 'id'
column and appends '_id' to what is assumed to be the id field (if none is
specified).

Also, it appears the magic may have already created the indexes:

django_db=# \d press_page
                                   Table "public.press_page"
   Column   |          Type          |
Modifiers
------------+------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------
 id         | integer                | not null default
nextval('press_page_id_seq'::regclass)
 article_id | character varying(255) | not null
 page       | character varying(100) |
 pgnumber   | smallint               | not null
    "press_page_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
    "press_page_article_id" btree (article_id)
    "press_page_article_id_like" btree (article_id varchar_pattern_ops)
Check constraints:
    "press_page_pgnumber_check" CHECK (pgnumber >= 0)
Foreign-key constraints:
    "press_page_article_id_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (article_id) REFERENCES
press_article(publication) DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED