Yeah,

those are CLI commands. Although "tar" and "sudo" would not work with
windows as they are linux terminal commands. you may follow this easy step
by step procedure on how to setup django on
windows<http://techstricks.com/install-django-on-windows-7/>.
Though this was written for windows 7 but the steps are the same for
windows XP as well. Only difference is that in windows vista or 7 you need
to launch the command prompt specifically as an administrator.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Sun Simon <wingman1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.djangoproject.com/download/
>
> I am installing Django for Python on Win XP and came across this problem
> during installation:
>

> tar xzvf Django-1.4.2.tar.gz
> cd Django-1.4.2
> sudo python setup.py install
>

> What does "cd" mean? DOes it mean that I have to use command line to type it?
>

>  --

Thanks & Regards