Hello,
you need to make 'year' argument optional:

def student_reports(request, year=None):
    year = year or datetime.date.today().year

Another option could be passing extra option to you view function:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/topics/http/urls/#passing-extra-options-to-view-functions

Cheers,
 Tom

Dne Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:24:51 +1200
Lachlan Musicman <data...@gmail.com> napsal(a):

> Hola,
>
> I have data across multiple years.
>
> I want to run reports on a per year basis, so I have in my urls:
> url(r'^students/reports/(?P<year>\d{4})/$', student_reports,
> name='student_reports'),
>
> etc.
>
> What I want to know though, is how to have this in the urls:
> url(r'^students/reports/$', student_reports, name='student_reports'),
>
> defaulting to the year it's run. (ie, year = datetime.date.today().year)
>
> I thought about passing extra options, but it feels like overkill?
>
> I have in my views.py:
>
> def student_reports(request, year):
>    if not year:
>         year = datetime.date.today().year
>    yada yada
>

> but this is failing on not enough arguments...
>

> Cheers
> L.

z`

S pozdravem
  Tomáš Ehrlich

Email:  tomas.ehrl...@gmail.com
Tel:    +420 608 219 889
Jabber: elv...@jabber.cz

"Půjdu kamkoliv, pokud je to kupředu." - J. London