Hi Tomas & John,

Thank you for your reply.  Basically I'm trying to save curves which I
chose to format as:
[[0,0],[1,0],[2,1],[3,1], ... ,[40,0]]

To see what I tried before (models, etc) you can see the stackoverflow
question<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13034922/storing-a-curve-in-a-django-model-as-manytomany>I
 asked previously.
Some people there suggested the django-picklefield so I implemented it but
couldn't get the admin to work.
Unfortunately I would eventually need users to put in numbers in a template.

For the moment I'm just saving a TextField and doing some pretty coarse and
inelegant validation + assuming we enter the curves in the admin.

    def save(self, *args, **kwargs):
        pc = self.my_power_curve
        if pc[0]!='[':
            pc = 'error. no initial [ --- ' + pc
            self.my_power_curve = pc
        elif pc[-1] != ']':
            pc = 'error. no final ] --- ' + pc
            self.my_power_curve = pc
        elif  pc.count('[') != 42 or pc.count(']') !=42:
            pc = 'error. 41 pairs [,] are required or too many brackets ---
' + pc
            self.my_power_curve = pc
        elif  len(pc)>362:
            pc = 'error. too many items --- ' + pc
            self.my_power_curve = pc
        elif pc.count('(') != 0 or pc.count(')') != 0:
            pc = 'error. only "[" and "]" brackets allowed --- ' + pc
            self.my_power_curve = pc
        else:
            pass
        return super(SomeClass, self).save(*args, **kwargs)

Ideally I would create form with say 41 little fields:
value 1 = [  ]
value 2 = [  ]
value 3 = [  ]
value 41 = [  ]

and when the users completes *some of them*, I save it as a string:
"[[0,0],[1,1],[2,3],[10,20],[20,20],[40,0]]"

Eventually I want to retrieve them and calculate things (like area under
the curve or make a graph).

Any ideas are appreciated,

Thank you,
Alvaro