On the UI side, you can set the "readonly" property on form fields.
This will prevent the field from being edited in a browser (I think so
- done that only once on a small internal project).

However, we warned - if *some* of your users can edit and submit the
form, you should also introduce server-side check testing if user is
allowed to edit fields. Making form fields read only won't prevent
anyone from actually submitting changed data (as it's just a
client-side control which can be easily worked around)

  HTH

    Jirka