Bit of a design question:

I have a site where there are a few different views depending on each
user's status - i will explain:

   1. A user can create an object, so should be able to view it and update
   it.
   2. A user can 'follow' another users object, so should be able to view
   it and it's children
   3. A user could be granted permission to administer another users
   object, so should have the same permissions as the original owner.

So, the question is...

When an object is created, should I also create two additional user groups
and assign the permissions to those groups? Then all I'd have to do is add
a follower to the followers group.

"followers_[modelname]_[pk]", "administrators_[modelname]_[pk]"

Or, do I assign administer / follow / view / update permissions per user?

This has just really occurred to me as an option because I've only really
seen Groups as a much larger way to organise users - i.e. "members",
"administrators" etc. But this seems like a good way to go in this instance
rather than assigning permissions to individual users.

Pros / Cons? Is this a normal way to handle permissions?

I can see that there would obviously be a lot more groups created, but
permissions would only be assigned to groups, not users, so easier to
manage..?

Cheers
Guy