Would this not work :

count = i.objects.filter(activities=Activity).count()

Where you would put the count in a for loop for the Activity and iterate
over it.

V.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:05 AM, Nikolas Stevenson-Molnar <
nik.mol...@consbio.org> wrote:

>  I'm not sure I understand. Do you want the value of the "count" field in
> the Activity model? In that case, you could use values:
>
> activity_counts = i.activities.all().values('id', 'count') #Will give you
> something like [{'id': 1, 'count': 3}, {'id': 2, 'count': 5}, ...]
>
> _Nik
>

> On 11/13/2012 3:09 PM, luke lukes wrote:
>
> Hi. I don't need a total counter for all related activities. I need a
> counter for each related Activity:
> Invoice instance:
>             activity A -> counter: 3
>             activity B -> counter: 5
>
> is this possible?
> thanks,
> Luke
>

> Il giorno martedì 13 novembre 2012 23:25:28 UTC+1, Nikolas
> Stevenson-Molnar ha scritto:
>>
>>  With an Invoice instance, you can easily get the number of related
>> Activity objects:
>>
>> i = Invoice.objects.get(pk=1)
>> num_activities = i.activities.all().count()
>>
>> _Nik
>>
>> On 11/13/2012 12:49 PM, luke lukes wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone. hi have these models:
>>
>>        #models.py
>>
>>  class Subject(models.Model):
>>  name = models.CharField("Name",max_**length=50, blank=True)
>>
>>  class Activity(models.Model):
>>  label = models.CharField("Act. name",max_length=150)
>>  price = models.DecimalField("price", max_digits=10,
>> decimal_places=2,default=0)
>>  count = models.IntegerField("Count", default=0)
>>
>>  def __unicode__(self):
>>     return u"%s" % (self.label)
>>  class Meta:
>>     verbose_name_plural = "Activities"
>>

>>  class Invoice(models.Model):
>>  subject = models.ForeignKey(Subject)
>>  date = models.DateField(default=date.**today())
>>  activities = models.ManyToManyField(**Activity)
>>

>>  while creating a new Invoice instance on admin, i can select the many
>> to many fields 'activities', but i'd like to have an additional counter
>> (eg. an IntegerField) as an Invoice field to count and save the quantity of
>> each activity added to my Invoice instance. Is this possible?
>>
>> I mean: for each 'Activity' added to an Invoice instance, i need to
>> count the amount of that activity.
>>

>>  thanks,
>>
>> LuKe
>>
>>  --
>> googlegroups.com.
>> group/django-users?hl=en<http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en>
>> .
>>

>>  --
>

>  --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. - Leonardo da Vinci
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. - Confucius