Keep in mind that whatever RDBMS you are using is completely separate from your
application. You can alter it out from under the app in any way you see fit.
The code offers some convenience methods for generating things, but that
doesn't tie the two together more than an expectation on the application side.

You could generate a DB completely separately (in fact, I've built Django
around existing DBs in the past).

If you will be operating at volume, and have these sorts of questions, I'd
suggest consulting a local database person.

-j

--
Sent from a phone, please excuse typos and terseness.