On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Some Developer
<someukdevelo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been using Syntastic along with Vim for Django development for sometime
> but I'd like to see if I could improve my Vim configuration. The problem
> with Syntastic is that it does not work too well when checking partial HTML
> documents (which is often the case with Django because of template
> inheritance) and it certainly does not like the Django template tags in HTML
> documents.
>
> Does anyone know of a decent syntax checker for Vim that has full support
> for Django templates and partial HTML documents?
>
> As an aside I'm always on the look out for ways to improve my Vim
> configuration for Python / Django development so if you have any tips or
> plugins that you use to make development easier I'm all ears :).

It's not perfect, but ft=django should get you some reasonable
template highlighting, and ft=htmldjango will get mixed mode template
and html highlighting. It's built-in to my version of vim, 7.3.632.

For general python syntax, I use an updated one from vim.org:

and have "let python_highlight_all=1" in my .vimrc

Cheers

Tom