keskiviikko, 28. marraskuuta 2012 16.53.15 UTC+2 Sultan Imanhodjaev
kirjoitti:

> I use OSX Lion, virtualenv version 1.7.2, python 2.7.1. I just created a
> new virtualenv, downloaded and install Django 1.5 b1.

I had the same problem: Mac OS X 10.8.2, Python 2.7.3 is installed with
MacPorts, just downloaded Django-1.5b1.tar.gz, created virtualenv with
command

    virtualenv ~/Documents/workspace/virtualenv/myproject-1.5

activated it:

    source ~/Documents/workspace/virtualenv/myproject-1.5/bin/activate

and then tried to run django-admin.py help. This produced ImportError:
Could not import settings blaa blaa blaa.

However, when I unset env variable DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE with command:

    export DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=

django-admin runs without complaints. You can verify if this variable is
set by issuing command:

    env | grep DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE