On 10/12/2012 10:59am, Victor Hooi wrote:
Also - in terms of using them with QuerySets - there aren't any
workarounds to use model methods with QuerySets are there? It seems like
that would be a definite argument in favour of using the second method,
right?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly here but you can use them in model methods. Use the class manager.

ClassName.objects.filter(thing=self.this, whatever=self.that, etc=etc)

Finally - thanks for the tip about signals() - so should I be using
something like django.db.models.signals.post_save in addition to
overriding save(), or instead of it?

I haven't used signals yet but I think I'm going to in the near future because I can't think of another way to deal with certain actions I want to happen after deletion of related objects.

Mike