hi

what are you monitoring in the 1000 nodes, web server load, db load , network
interface stats, cpu load, memory usage, or specific thing.

i would use centralized monitoring that collect from all the server in
centralized location, with low overhead in periodical  time like 10 seconds and
save in rrd format which many tools already available out there.

i prefer cacti for view the graph from rrd data collected. and for the
collector use collectd and store it in centralized collectd server.

this what i done before to monitoring my server ˆ⌣ˆ

Sent from my iPhone